On August 30th of last year, I was in a serious car accident that would leave me homebound for four and a half months with multiple broken limbs.
Thankfully, I made a full recovery, and I learned some pretty important lessons along the way! I am sharing these lessons here during the month of September, if you are interested.
In commemoration of the event / celebration of a full recovery – I am trying to raise $3000 to provide clean, safe water in Rwanda.
During the month of September, Charity:Water is holding a campaign to provide 100 percent clean water in two sectors of Rwanda’s Rulindo District – Shyorongi and Ngoma. If reached, the $1.7 million dollar goal will change the lives of approximately 26,000 people!
The people of Rwanda have lived through a genocide that makes my personal struggle seem insignificant at best. They are now recovering and working to rebuild their country, and I would love nothing more than to help them out along the way. Find out more about the campaign here.
I believe that some of the greatest strengths can come out of the greatest tragedies. I know this is true in my life, and I am sure this can be the case with the people of Rwanda too.
Please join my campaign and help support the cause! Also, please share the story – I cannot do this alone.
- Join the campaign – Donate Now!
- Stay Updated - join my mailing list for weekly campaign updates
- Please share my story in your networks – I cannot do this alone
- I’ll be updating my Twitter with current happenings
- Find out more about Charity:Water and the September Campaign
- Talk to me! I’d love to hear your thoughts and your own stories!